Monday, August 2, 2010

Warrior Sketches



Again, just making myself draw. Setting my 21 inch Cintiq on my Norman Rockwell style drawing table seems to work well these days . I'm always changing the way I sit and work. Eventually I always get cramped up from sitting.
Here are just some figure drawings from imagination. The inspiration for the figure is again
Pauline Nordin. I think she has a great physique for action type illustrations. So I can't help but draw that.
I'm not saying that the likeness is all that great but when I do these I'm trying to draw a likeness without copying a photo of the person. If I were doing this for a job I would be using photography because you don't want to play around with the likeness , you just want it to be perfect.
In this case drawing a likeness that is in a made up pose that is not copied is part of the exercise.
As usual, click on the image to get a closer look.

No comments:

Post a Comment